UL GSMA NFC Network Independent Handset Test Suite
Verify the correct implementation of NFC UICC-based functionality in mobile devices, based on technical core requirements defined by GSMA.
Who is it for?
UL GSMA NFC Handset Test Suites are the ideal network independent solutions for handset manufacturers and conformance test laboratories that want to verify the correct implementation of NFC UICC-based functionality in mobile devices, based on technical core requirements (TS.26 NFC API and requirements and related test cases TS.27 NFC Test book) defined by GSMA.
Why do you need it?
GCF and PTCRB have added the GSMA NFC test requirements into their respective Certification Programs. Therefore, and among other mandatory requirements, mobile manufacturers must pass these GSMA test cases using officially accredited test laboratories under their certification schemes.
For this purpose, GCF has produced several Work Items for compiling and integrating the GSMA NFC test requirements. In particular:
- WI-133 SWP/HCI Terminal functionality
- WI-176 UICC based NFC Services
- WI-190 SWP/HCI Enhancements for UICC based NFC Services
- WI-197 Evolution of UICC based NFC Services
PTCRB has created the RFT123 NFC Test book covering the same purpose.
As the specifications and work items evolve, the UL GSMA NFC NI Handset Test Suite is split into different test packages. These test packages will be updated or new test packages will be added. The currently available packages are:
UL GSMA NFC NI Handset Test Suite Package 1, covers:
- SIMalliance Open Mobile API (OMAPI): GSMA TS.27, section 6; GCF WI 176, 197
- NFC Features: GSMA TS.27, section 3: WI176, 197
- UI Application Triggering: GSMA TS.27, section 8; GCF WI 176
- Multiple Card Emulation Environment: GSMA TS.27, section 7; GCF WI 197
UL GSMA NFC NI Handset Test Suite Package 2, covers:
- GlobalPlatform Secure Element Access Control (SEAC)
- GSMA TS.27, section 5.3
- GCF WI 176, 197, 214
UL GSMA NFC NI Handset Test Suite Package 3, covers:
- Android specific: GSMA TS.27, section 15; GCF WI 197 & WI 214
UL GSMA NFC Network Independent Handset Test Suite was previously known as Collis GSMA NFC Network Independent Handset Test Suite.