UL Brand Test Tool
The ultimate tool for EMV terminal brand certification for Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover/Diners Club, UnionPay, JCB and many other.
- One brand certification tool for all major payment brands
- Supports test processes of all major payment brands
- One solution for contact, contactless and mobile
- Qualified and confirmed by Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover/Diners Club, UnionPay, JCB and debit networks Interac, DNA and Pulse
- Improved solution for testing ATMs with motorized readers
Who is it for?
UL Brand Test Tool is the most complete test tool for Acquirers, Acquirer Processors, Merchants and Terminal Vendors that want to validate payment devices before connecting to the major payment networks.
Why do you need it?
All payment schemes mandate proper testing before allowing payment devices to be connected to their network infrastructure. The ultimate goal of these tests is to ensure interoperability and to have an EMV-compliant, payment association-certified terminal that can perform trouble-free transactions within your payment infrastructure.
Whether you are involved in acquiring EMV transactions, developing POS/ATM software or integrating retail payment environments, brand testing is essential and payment associations have made these tests mandatory.
UL Brand Test Tool assists you in easily and successfully performing of the brand testing processes required.
What is inside?
UL Brand Test Tool has all mandatory tests implemented:
- Point of Sale (POS) terminals
- Mobile POS (MPOS) devices
- Automated Teller Machines (ATM)
- Vending machines and other payment devices
The tool can be used to support you in the test and certification processes of the major payment associations. It has been qualified and/or confirmed by:
- American Express
- Discover / Diners Club
- Debit networks: Interac, DNA, Pulse
UL Brand Test Tool uses card simulation instead of physical cards to perform the brand test cases. For ATMs equipped with motorized readers, the ATM Certification Module (qualified by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AmEx, Diners, and UnionPay) is available.
With the optional Host Simulator you have even more flexibility in your testing. It allows you to set the host configuration parameters at your discretion.
- Always up-to-date with the latest specifications
- Card simulation without physical cards for contact, contactless, and magstripe
- Allows transaction performance testing
- On-screen user guidance when performing tests
- Integrated with M-TIP and ADVT test processes
- Includes UL Card Simulator and UL Card Spy
Test automation for payment brands
Includes test cases for:
- Mastercard M-TIP, contactless PayPass M-TIP and Mastercard M/Chip Fast
- Visa ADVT, ADVT-qVSDC, CDET and Visa Quick Chip
- American Express ICC Payment specification (AEIPS) for contact, Expresspay for contactless and American Express Quick Chip
- UnionPay IC Card Test Guide for Acquirers
- JCB Terminal Check for Implementation (TCI)
- Diners Club International Acquirer E2E
- Discover Network Acquirer E2E and Discover Quick Chip
- Interac Terminal FTT
- DNA Terminal Certification POS Pin Debit E2E
- PULSE POS Pin Debit End-to-End and PULSE ATM End-to-End
The latest specification versions are always supported.
- Clear user guidance support during all steps in the test process.
- Support for testing American Express Quick Chip, Discover Quick Chip, Mastercard M/Chip Fast and Visa Quick Chip.
- UL Brand Test Tool allows automatically populating the Mastercard M-TIP Test Report and Visa CCRT XML report file.
- UL Brand Test Tool’s Host Simulator Module supports protocols such as VisaNet, Mastercard BankNet, APACS 70, ISO 8583, and AS2805.
- For ATMs equipped with motorized readers, the ATM Certification Module is available using ATM Test Cards with a simulated card image and transaction logging capabilities (qualified by Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and UnionPay).
- The UL Mobile Payments Module includes simulation of a mobile wallet and allows to test if your payment infrastructure is ready to accept mobile payments.
- UL Integrated Test Automation Module allows to create a fully automated terminal test environment combining the power of the Brand Test Tool with your proprietary test automation environment. The controlling protocol for test automation is fully described in a comprehensive document.
Simulation of cards includes:
- Mastercard Card Images for contact and contactless M-TIP
- Subset 1
- Field Interoperability Subset
- Subset Maestro UK
- Subset 6 MasterCard
- Subset 8 PayPass
- Subset M-TIP
- Mastercard Card Images for Mastercard Interoperability subset (confidence) cards
- Mastercard Card Images for contact and contactless NIV
- Subset 3
- Subset 5 PIN Management
- Subset 6 PayPass
- Subset 7 PayPass
- Visa contact ADVT Card Images and contactless CDET and ADVT-qVSDC Card Images
- American Express contact AEIPS and contactless Expresspay Card Images
- UnionPay Card Images
- JCB (TCI) Card Images
- Diners Club Card Images
- Discover Card Images
- Interac Card Images
- Magnetic Stripe images for brand testing
- Contact testing: UL SmartLink Box
- Contactless testing: UL SmartWave Box
- MagStripe testing: UL SmartStripe (optional)
Capture and analyze the communication and measurement of the performance between a smart card (contact and contactless) and a terminal - both ATM and POS terminals. Read more>
The UL SmartWave Box is the solution for testing contactless cards. It reads and simulates contactless smart cards and e-Identification documents. It also analyzes the communication between a contactless card and terminal. Read more>
Hardware for testing smart cards and terminals. It can be used for testing, analyzing, intercepting, and modifying communication signals exchanged between a smart card and a terminal. Additionally, it can be used as a smart card simulator or as a card reader. Read more>
The most complete card simulation tool to test the correct processing of payment transactions on payment devices. Read more>
Recommended and optional
A module for the UL Brand Test Tool to perform terminal tests using your own test scenarios and set the host configuration parameters at your discretion. Read more>
A module for the UL Brand Test Tool to test ATMs equipped with motorized readers. Read more>
An innovative testing device that emulates magstripe cards and takes away the need of any physical test card. The UL SmartStripe makes UL the first test tool vendor to offer a fully automated brand testing of a payment terminal over all three interfaces: contact, contactless and magnetic stripe. Read more>
Create a fully automated payment terminal test environment combining the power of the qualified UL Brand Test Tool with your proprietary test automation environment. Read more>
A module for the UL Brand Test Tool to test whether your terminals can securely and successfully accept payments through mobile wallets Read more>