PCI HSM Services
With our extensive experience contributing to emerging security standards within the payment and federal space, we were able to offer our expertise in the development of the PCI Hardware Security Module (HSM) program.
PCI has set the requirements to ensure the security of Hardware Security Modules (HSM). Applications and processes concerning payments and cardholder verification may be supported by HSMs which include PIN Processing, EFTPOS, Data Integrity, Chip Card Transaction Processing, to name a few. The PCI HSM requirements were based on ISO, ANSI, FIPS 140-2, and Federal standards and also those concerning the security and compliance of multi-chip products as recognized by the financial industry.
- With UL’s widespread experience contributing to emerging security standards within the payment and federal space, we were able to offer our expertise in the development of the PCI Hardware Security Module (HSM) program.
- UL is actively working on and contributing to PCI and JTEMs technical working groups. As a result, we can provide the latest up-to-date knowledge from the industry to help you design a state-of-the-art product.
- UL’s extensive experience in the detailed review of payment software and hardware security allows us to deliver timely and cost-effective reports.
- UL provides expert guidance as early as the design stage and training in the various complex industry standards around the world.
- With UL’s highly technical staff, extremely refined techniques, multi-cultural engineers and our high level of communication and project management with you, we make sure your product is being evaluated accurately and securely.
PCI HSM Assessment
As with payment terminals, HSM devices also require PCI security evaluation. We perform physical, logical as well as IP protocol and secure data encryption assessments of the device. We strive to offer local support to our customers when possible, and we have several evaluations and technical support facilities around the world.
PCI HSM Pre-assessment/Gap-assessment
Identify potential gaps before going through for the PCI HSM certification which lets you save time and money
PCI HSM Advisory
As UL has been an expert in the field of PCI for many years, we can provide excellent advice on your PCI HSM requirements.