Machine-To-Machine and Embedded SIM MasterClass
Understand the new IoT landscape from a product and technical perspective and identify the need for eUICCs and where they fit in your plans. Learn how to assess the impact of eUICC on your business and understand the underlying technical architectures.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is currently taking shape and embarking on a huge growth path towards the future. It truly promises to become the next revolution after the Internet and the mobile internet. It is estimated that for every person on the planet there will be at least five connected devices by 2020. One of the enablers is ubiquitous connectivity. Mobile network operators view the Machine-to-Machine (M2M) segment of IoT as a huge growth area for them. To enable this growth they are realizing that they must also facilitate the large-scale remote management of these devices. This is where the embedded SIM (eUICC) plays an important role. At its core, eUICC enables remote provisioning of SIM profiles, which means that the Service Provider (SP) can switch mobile network subscription without a SIM swap. However, what does this mean for your business? How to leverage the opportunities? What are the impact to legacy systems, and security threats when implementing a M2M solution? In order to make an educated decision, you need knowledge.
What will you learn?
- Understand the new IoT landscape from a product and technical perspective
- Identify the need for eUICCs and where they fit in your plans
- Understand the various routes available for eUICC and what security aspects are involved
- Assess the impact of eUICC on your business and understand the underlying technical architectures
- Understand the core technical specifications
- Internet of Things: the landscape for M2M
- The need for embedded SIM (eUICC)
- Understand the eUICC ecosystem, architecture and deployment
- Trends and developments
- eUICC high level architecture details
- Testing, Interoperability and security
Who should attend?
- Employees of companies operating in the telecoms M2M domain; for example MNOs, MVNOs, UICC vendors, handset manufacturers & modem chipset manufacturers
- Business consultants, business analysts
- Product owners, project and process managers
- Security officers
- Innovation managers
- Solution architects
Open and in-company training
You can choose to join one of our open training courses or you can request this training to be held on your premises as in-company training. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.