PCI PTS Services
The PCI PTS requirements protect against fraud by ensuring the security of devices that process financial data.
Payment Card Industry (PCI) device approval is recognized and enforced worldwide by the PCI and its member major card brands. Device manufacturers understand that PCI approval is required to effectively market and sell their devices. In order to achieve PCI approval, devices must be evaluated by a PCI-recognized laboratory to determine their compliance with all applicable PCI PIN Transaction Security (PTS) requirements.
Devices eligible for evaluation and approval include the following product types:
- PIN Entry Devices (PEDs)
- Encrypting PIN Pads (EPPs)
- Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
- Unattended Payment Terminals (UPTs)
- Secure Card Readers (SCRs)
- UL’s laboratory in California (formerly known as Infogard) was the first laboratory approved to perform PED evaluations under the predecessor to the PCI program and has performed over 150 device evaluations resulting in approvals.
- We regularly perform PCI PTS evaluations resulting in approvals for international clients—nearly half of our clients are located outside the U.S.
- UL's experienced staff of PCI PTS evaluators supports clients through each phase of the approval effort.
- We regularly apply our expertise to meet your requirements and exceed your expectations, whether you need assistance in evaluation preparation or compliance consulting, or want to begin an evaluation immediately.
PCI PTS Assessment
To effectively market and sell your payment terminals (POS, mPOS, ATMs), they need to be assessed against PCI PTS for Point of Interaction (POI) security requirements. We perform physical, logical as well as IP protocol and secure data encryption assessments of the device. We strive to offer local support to our customers when possible, and we have several evaluation and technical support facilities around the world. We are also actively working on and contributing to PCI and JTEMs technical working groups. As a result, we can provide the latest up-to-date knowledge from the industry to help you design a state-of-the-art product.
Our extensive experience in the detailed review of payment software and hardware security allows us to deliver timely and cost-effective reports, as well as expert guidance as early as the design stage and training in the various complex industry standards around the world. With our highly technical staff, extremely refined techniques, multi-cultural engineers and our high level of communication and project management with you, we make sure your product is being evaluated accurately and securely.
PCI PTS Pre-assessment
UL's compliance pre-assessment service has proven invaluable to customers new to the PCI PTS evaluation process. A UL Security Engineer assesses your device against the target PCI PTS requirements and generates a Compliance Profile Report that maps every requirement to your device. Our report helps you understand each requirement and applicable testing procedures.
PCI PTS Advisory
UL’s customized PCI PTS advisory service minimizes your risk of non-compliance and assists you in efficiently achieving PCI approval. Advisory services include close consultation with PCI to assess how the requirements specifically apply to your product.